Monday 25 June 2012

Starting a blog is a leap for me.

It is a leap of of commitment to both myself and the three people that might read or even follow this blog. This is a leap of opening myself and my 'craftiness' to feedback from strangers and friends alike. Eek - what might they say! Mostly, this is a leap into the unknown because I'm not sure what I want to post here yet, other than some of the projects I've recently completed, ergo, "Snippets 'n' Pitts".

My name is Barbara Pitts - that's the "Pitts" part. I've been a crafter for a while but only really started paper-crafting during this past year. I never knew you could amass such piles of paper pieces - that's the "Snippets" part. Although my most common projects are cards, I've done scrapbooking, altered art, and a bunch of 3-D projects. I would generalize my style as clean and linear with bright colours (think your first box of Crayolas), but then I surprise myself by dipping into vintage, steampunk, grunge or something completely unexpected for inspiration. I love inks, die-cutting of all sorts, my Silhoutte Cameo, texture, and recycling. I'm not friends with my scissors and have no desire to spend more time than absolutely needed colouring an image. I'm also Canadian so you'll find my spelling may a bit off if you're American, or spot-on if you're British. And yes, because I'm Canadian, I can also say "Vive la difference!"

So now that I've dipped my toe into blogging waters, I'm going to have a cup of tea and consider my next move into this pond (if it is a pond, but that's a question for another day). Don't want to start too big, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment