Sunday 1 September 2013

Picture Collage Maker Lite

I've been playing, but because I'm at the cottage and away from my stash, it had to be with new software. I downloaded Picture Collage Maker Lite for my Mac from the App Store and began to click the buttons to see what they would do. It came with a how-to video but my inner Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor came out and so I just ignored the instructions and dove right in. I have a wide assortment of digi designer paper collections (I think Jessica Sprague is awesome) from which I could click and drag papers and elements into the app. Don't get me wrong! I've never done a digital layout in my life and believe that paper crafting is - and should be - a tactile art. Even so, there are times I want to picture a layout before printing pieces. I figured that I wouldn't lose anything but a little time with this free app... yep, it was my favourite colour!

Carta Bella's Hello Again collection had just come home to this mama, and I wanted to scrap a photo of me with my Mama. Well, lemme tell ya, in less than the time it takes for my coffee to cool, I had all my papers and elements dragged into my work area. The hardest part was deciding which papers and pieces to use. 

I had seen a colour challenge at ScrapMuch? and that that guided my choices. Sure doesn't look like much with all those bits jumbled all over the page, does it? 

T'wasn't more than a lickety-split later that I had it all arranged into a pretty decent layout. The app has tools for shadows, masks, resizing, adding text, and all kinds of other great features I hadn't expected. There are also pre-made backgrounds and clip-art pieces available in the app for anyone who just wants to fancy-up a photo for emailing. 

So this is the final product of about 20 minutes of playing. Honestly, I think it took me longer to type this up than it did to do the layout. I think I'm going to install this on my iPad too... hmmm... what will Hubby think about me {digi}scrapping when we go for coffee at Starbucks? I can take photos and have them in a layout a few minutes later!! Oh my, life just became a little better. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow a great digi layout, congrats on your first! Great use of the challenge colours! thanks for playing with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful digital layout! Nice work! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love how this looks ... great background choices and use of the colours! Thanks for joining in our ScrapMuch? challenges!

    ReplyDelete