Saturday 31 August 2013

More Rooster Cards

I recently picked up a stack of papers while on vacation for a very specific purpose, but then was left with a huge bunch of paper. I know, that's just a terrible situation! But I faced that adversity with a smile, and here are a few cards that came out of that stack: 

All the paper shown here is from Rooster Provincial by Recollections. I tried to keep each design very simple because the paper has so much detail in it. It's hard to see the shiny finishes on many of the papers, but here's a glimpse. That glare in the photo is supposed to be there for once!
Each of the elements were cut from papers in the stack, including the small rooster at the bottom of the birthday card. I'm not a fan of fussy cutting, but the straight lines on the sentiment cards made up for all the curves on Mr. Rooster - especially his little feet! 

The first two cards have a very masculine feel to them, but the third is much more feminine with the cursive writing and the hen looking after her chicks. The "Ma Chere" on the front would make this a wonderful card for a fella to give to the mama of his little chicks as a 'just because I really appreciate you and all you do for us' card. Feel free to send a link to this post to a fella in your life if you happen to agree. You never know - I've been rumoured to share. *grins* 

A little cutting, a touch of inking, and a wave of adhesive were pretty much all that these cards required. Yep, I love simple, easy and frugal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment