Thursday 29 August 2013

Rooster Birthday Card

Happy Birthday to my Hubby! I whipped up this card for him while we were travelling after stopping at a Micheal's in the area. The cardstock stack, Tsukineko metallic inks, stamps and brads were all on sale. Since I never travel without a few crafting tools, I was set!

I cut a 6x8 inch card base and a 5x7 inch mat with my handy dandy paper cutter, then fussy cut the various sayings. A little scissor-edge distressing around the edges, a couple of stamps, and a few button brads later - well, the card says it best: Ooh la la! 

Here are a few close-ups to show some detail: 



Hubby has a love of all things chicken-y (he even had one as a pet as a child!) so this card was perfect for him. And since I was able to add to my stash AND play with paper while on vacation, I came out a winner too!! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the button brads. And yes, I agree, adding to stash and USING IT, especially on vacation: BONUS!

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete