Saturday 24 August 2013

Weekend Market Cards

I'm not usually a fan of pre-designed card kits, but this Bo Bunny kit caught my eye and so it came home with me. I liked the masculine feel to most of the cards, and needed a couple of {mostly} self-contained projects I could bring on the road with me. This kit was a lifesaver when I needed to vent some creativity while visiting Hubby at work in Calgary and living out of a hotel room.

Of course, I had to add a few of my own touches - distressing, inking, ribbon, jewels, or pearls - to each of the cards. I was very pleased with the final results and hope you enjoy them too.


The kit contained a variety of card bases, chipboard, and cardstock pieces.

I added a {small} variety of embellishments and some Colorbox ink, along with some elbow grease while physically distressing many of the edges.

It's amazing how a little crocheted lace or a few stick-on jewels can add so much oomph to basic elements. Little details really do make a big difference!

Even though I had never bought a card kit, I was really impressed with Bo Bunny. This kit helped me keep my fingers busy without many tools or access to my crafting stash.

Having limited supplies forced me to think about how many ways I could use the same supplies. That's why you'll see the same lace, ribbon, twine, and two types of jewels throughout these seven cards.







No comments:

Post a Comment